Here are the most common conditions that can cause insufficient fuel delivery from a new fuel pump.
- Your pump filter screen or the sock filter in the fuel tank could be clogged. Solution - Clean or replace the filter.
- There could be a break or a kink in the fuel line. Solution - Repair the fuel line and remove all restrictions.
- There could be a loose fitting or air leak on the inlet side of the pump. Solution - Tighten and clean all connections. Check the fuel line.
- You may have the wrong pump for the application. Solution - Get a larger output pump.
- You might have an incorrect float level, malfunctioning inlet needle, or clogged inlet screen in the carburetor. Solution - Replace and repair as needed.
- You might have a plugged gas vent in the gas cap or tank vent. Solution - Clean the vent in the gas cap or tank.
- Your level in the gas tank might be too low. Solution - Add gas.